CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Kenshi on Mac OS

I finally got Kenshi working on Mac OS. All I had to do was install dxvk Vulcan and DirectX for modern games onto the Steam bottle. The only issue is that the character models are all invisible; the only way to see people is by their equipment, and most animals are completely invisible. If anyone knows a work around I'd appreciate if they posted it here.

This issue is lightly caused by the lack of transform feedback in MoltenVK as similar issues happened in Witcher3.

I’m having this exact issue. Has anyone found a solution?

Same here. All I needed to do was pick a 64-bit Windows bottle and it runs fine other than none of the characters' bodies, faces, etc. being drawn. Buncha ghosts wearing armor and so forth.

Just posting in case somebody's measuring these things by forum weight, and in case there's some further development in this thread or an opportunity to do some testing. I bet we just have to wait for another major Crossover revision though, further iterations in DirectX 11 support.

James Jarrett wrote:

Same here. All I needed to do was pick a 64-bit Windows bottle and
it runs fine other than none of the characters' bodies, faces, etc.
being drawn. Buncha ghosts wearing armor and so forth.

Just posting in case somebody's measuring these things by forum
weight, and in case there's some further development in this thread
or an opportunity to do some testing. I bet we just have to wait for
another major Crossover revision though, further iterations in
DirectX 11 support.

The forms are not an official support channel all official support is done via support tickets.

The problems with DirectX10/11 I’d explained above and it’s not like it’s an unknown issue, the problem is how to workaround missing features in Metal that Vulkan requires. Chip has already done some amazing things to workaround a large potion of this but there are limits on what can be accomplished with Apple providing additional features within Metal.

Hi Dean, thanks for the note. I tried a quick web search for "transform feedback", but, my level of familiarity with these graphics frameworks being what it is (what it is not), and my free time being what it is, it'll be a while before I can interpret the results of that search. I did post here thinking I might avoid wasting official support's time with a known issue.

Do you think there'd be any value in my opening a support ticket? Do you suspect this is one of those things that'll never get fixed, or, worked around, as the case may be? (Apple seems pretty consistently hostile to games, can't see why they'd help.)

Hi James,

I wouldn’t bother opening a support ticket for this one as Chip is well aware of this and is the one who primarily works on MoltenVK for CodeWeavers interests.

There lightly already an intern ticket for his along with other issues.

I've tried starting with a new bottle... didn't change anything.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOGF1eTlzckU3ZXh5WEw0MiIsImdkcHIiOjB9