CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

What worked on Intel Mac doesn't on M1 Silicon

I used to successfully run this software (https://www.tolvan.com/basta/Basta.exe) using crossover on Intel Mac with BigSur.

The same won't run on Apple M1 with BigSur. The error I receive is...

Exception EReadError in module Basta.exe at ...
'NAN' is not a valid floating point value.

Hope this is something that be fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ravi,

How are you installing the software (e.g. what bottle type, any dependencies)? Are you running the same Big Sur version on both machines? And which version is that?

Thanks,
Meredith

Hi Meredith,

I tried Window 7/XP Service Pack 3. There are no dependencies. Yes, using the same version of BigSur. Actually, the program is small and self contained so you can quickly download and check.

Regards,
Ravi

Hi Ravi,

I see you also entered a ticket for this issue, and a member of our support staff already filed a bug.

Meredith

Hi Ravi,

I tried to run this application on Native Windows ARM64 and getting the same error (
Exception EReadError in module Basta.exe at 00022A1F.
Error reading directionaxis.LoValue: 'NAN' is not a valid floating point value.
)- so this is apparently an application bug rather than crossover

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZWhrODNXU2hCY3g4TEh3ayIsImdkcHIiOjB9