CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cogmind Black Screen On Launch

Hey, I'm trying to to get Cogmind up and running on my M1 Macbook Air with Crossover. I've run it before on a previous (intel) Mac but when it starts up all I get is a black screen. This is a native version downloaded from the developer, not the Steam version.

I've tried various settings and installing every conceivable dependency that might help, but it just doesn't seem to work no matter. I'm running other games - Binding of Isaac/Unexplored 2 using the same bottle.

Below is the log file. Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Starting 'StartMenu.C^3A_users_crossover_Start+Menu/COGMIND.lnk'
system encoding='UTF-8'
Exec-ing '"/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wine" --bottle "Steam-2" --check --wait-children --start "C:/users/crossover/Start Menu/COGMIND.lnk" --cx-log -'
000b:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
000d:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0010:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0016:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
001c:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x5c03
001c:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x5d03
001c:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0xa003
001e:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0024:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0009:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
0009:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00004100
0029:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0 stub
0029:err:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Setting multithreaded command stream to 0x1.
0029:fixme:coreaudio:ca_channel_layout_to_channel_mask Unhandled channel 0xffffffff
0029:fixme:coreaudio:ca_channel_layout_to_channel_mask Unhandled channel 0xffffffff

I have the same problem with the steam version. Actually the game starts, but very slowly. After waiting for 6-7 minutes the game starts up and then runs without further issues.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS25Fckd3TUZOaDZlRjhBWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9