CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

My Summer Car - strange mouse behaviour

Hi, My Summer Car runs great on CrossOver v20 but with one major problem - mouse movement behaves very odd. The game seems to think the mouse is a like a joystick. It drifts and acts erratically. Looking online, this seems to be a known problem with some Unity games (inc. My Summer Car) and Wine, but I don't know if this can be fixed with CrossOver. Something about using "wine-staging engine" can help fix the problem?!

Hi there,

I don't know if this will work for this particular game, but for some other Unity games this issue with controlling the mouse is a macOS permissions issue. To potentially fix this, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy, then select "Accessibility." Under "Allow the apps below to control your computer", find Steam and make sure the box is checked. If it's already checked, go ahead and uncheck then recheck it. You'll need to restart Steam for your changes to take effect.

Meredith

Thanks for the tip, Meredith. Granting the app access within the Accessibility tab certainly seems to help!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSkNLV2RaZTJ0a0FiTUxHOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9