CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Rocket league on mac m1 nameplates problem

Hello,
I got Rocket league working great through steam with DXVK enabled but there's on issue that make the game unplayable.
Which is there's no nameplates/name tags on top of the players cars.
I know it's an issue from crossover because I tried the game on different softwares and it doesn't have that issue.
Can you please fix it?
Thank you.

If you own CrossOver-21 disabled DXVK and see if that helps as CX21 includes WineD3D Vulkan backend that has a lot of additional fixes.

Thank you for your help, That solved it but the game now is very very slow it's un playable.
Is there any alternative for DXVK?

Dean Greer wrote:

If you own CrossOver-21 disabled DXVK and see if that helps as CX21
includes WineD3D Vulkan backend that has a lot of additional fixes.

omar kasem wrote:

Thank you for your help, That solved it but the game now is very
very slow it's un playable.
Is there any alternative for DXVK?

I’m afraid not it’s WineD3D Vulkan backend or DXVK.

I have the same issue, and I'd love to know if anyone knows a way to configure DXVK to enable this. (Or has an idea of why DXVK prevents them from being rendered.)

Matthew Black wrote:

I have the same issue, and I'd love to know if anyone knows a way to
configure DXVK to enable this. (Or has an idea of why DXVK prevents
them from being rendered.)

Best thing is to report the issue to CodeWeavers so there aware (if they aren't already aware)

This seems to be quite a known and widespread issue, for the time being the only way to play Rocket League on M1 without this issue is through Parallels, but hopefully Crossover should get round to fixing this

Hi all,

We do have a bug filed for this issue, and we are looking into making this game work better with wined3d.

Best,
Meredith

Hi will you also improve the micro stuttering issue? There are a lot of this micro lags appearing or isn't this issue possible to fix?

Philipp Lippold wrote:

Hi will you also improve the micro stuttering issue? There are a lot
of this micro lags appearing or isn't this issue possible to fix?

The stuttering is due to the shader cache being generated, once it’s complete that should be gone completely.

Dean Greer wrote:

Philipp Lippold wrote:

Hi will you also improve the micro stuttering issue?
There are a lot of this micro lags appearing or isn't this issue
possible to fix?

The stuttering is due to the shader cache being generated, once
it’s complete that should be gone completely.

So as i understood once the game is fully loaded? Because this issue is happening after each goal. Which means the shader cache should be loaded already after 1 min ingame.

While I really hope a suitable fix is found for this -- does anyone have their machine temporarily lock up when trying to enter RL Settings?

Yes, I am also noticing that. Opening settings while in a match usually takes 1-2 seconds before opening.

Looking forward to a potential fix for the nameplates issue in the future! Competitive is nearly impossible without being able to see your opponents' positions across the field.

I see this thread was created 2 or so months ago.

This problem does indeed render the game unplayable, dowloaded the crossover trial specifically to play rocket league and won't be buying the software until this is fixed.

The gameplay is jittery, tried removing all background processes and tweaking in game video setting. It even happens on the very lowest settings. And yes not being able to see where your opponents are is crucial......

( insert crying emoji)

Regards

Any updates on this?

:)

Hello, I would also love to get an update on this. The game runs perfectly using crossover and DXVK, but the nameplates missing makes it unplayable. I would buy crossover for this sole purpose, Rocket League is the only game I play.

Thanks

Hi folks,

As I mentioned above, we are actively working on getting this game running with better performance with wined3d. I don't have any updates to share at the moment, but I can assure you this is a development priority for us.

Best,
Meredith

1 1

Any update on this? Not seeing nameplates makes things unplayable (as other people have mentioned). Can we expect a fix in a beta soon?

Bryan Keller wrote:

Any update on this? Not seeing nameplates makes things unplayable
(as other people have mentioned). Can we expect a fix in a beta
soon?

No concrete updates since what I shared last month. We are hoping for a fix soon, but I can't guarantee which CrossOver release will have this game running with better performance with wined3d.

Best,
Meredith

Could we possible get an estimate of the level of performance? For example, 16 core gpu m1 pro, runs about 165 fps in dxvk (but with stutters and nameplate issue) and about 80 fps in parallel. I’m pretty wine3d is about 40 fps (last time I checked) are we looking at parallels level improvement or DXVK level improvement? Obviously I don’t expect exact fps numbers, but a sort of ballpark would be nice. Anything 120+ without stuttering would be a god send!
Thank you!

No concrete updates since what I shared last month. We are hoping
for a fix soon, but I can't guarantee which CrossOver release will
have this game running with better performance with wined3d.

Best,
Meredith

Any movement here? (Or is there a better way to hear when this is fixed?) I'm also in the "my one CrossOver app is Rocket League" camp and would love to pick up a copy once this is addressed!

Hi,
I use Crossover & Heroic (Epic Games Store Launcher) on my macbook pro (M1 Pro), and the performance is really high (116 FPS) with good quality.
But I have the same problem about the nameplate ;)

Phil Tang wrote:

No concrete updates since what I shared last month. We are hoping
for a fix soon, but I can't guarantee which CrossOver release
will
have this game running with better performance with wined3d.

Best,
Meredith

Any movement here? (Or is there a better way to hear when this is
fixed?) I'm also in the "my one CrossOver app is Rocket League" camp
and would love to pick up a copy once this is addressed!

Nope, no updates since my last update a few weeks ago :) Our existing customers can submit tickets and get notified of fixes, but we simply don't have the bandwidth to track down and update every forum post for every fix we ship: these are community forums, not official support. It's possible a community member will update a forum thread, or you can subscribe to our CrossOver Announcements forums, where I post about every release: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/announce/?t=24

Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Phil Tang wrote:

Any movement here? (Or is there a better way to hear when this is
fixed?) I'm also in the "my one CrossOver app is Rocket League"
camp
and would love to pick up a copy once this is addressed!

Nope, no updates since my last update a few weeks ago :) Our
existing customers can submit tickets and get notified of fixes, but
we simply don't have the bandwidth to track down and update every
forum post for every fix we ship: these are community forums, not
official support. It's possible a community member will update a
forum thread, or you can subscribe to our CrossOver Announcements
forums, where I post about every release:
https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/announce/?t=24

Meredith

Hi - I signed up to say that I've been tracking this issue for months, and to subscribe to the thread here. I'm not a customer of CodeWeavers yet as I'm waiting for a resolution on this issue. In the meantime I am resigned to using Parallels as this is a show-stopping bug. I am anxious to switch though as it is my understanding that CrossOver has better performance.

Exactly the same for me. For the past few months, I've been coming back to this thread regularly to see if the problem has been solved. I'm just waiting for this fix to buy it. I think a lot of players like me come back to this thread regularly without leaving a message.
Anyone interested in this fix should leave a message.
The more of us there are, the higher priority the fix will have.

Otherwise, congratulations to the Crossover team! I tested both, and Crossover is so powerful compared to Parallels!

Bought crossover to play rocketleague with my son. I can't see the nameplates and it's very frustrating. Hoping there is progress here soon.

Just wanted to say that i am also waiting for a fix.
And could someone tell me how well RL is running on a M1 Pro 10/16? Is 1080p 120 fps possible on low details? Does the DualSense work? Sorry for hijacking.

-

Can someone please confirm if the issue is fixed in the new released version 21.2.0?

It's not fix...

How do I enable the WineD3D Vulkan backend? There's no difference regarding name plates when I untick DXVK in the bottle settings.

Don’t expect CodeWeavers to fix this problem, Apple needs to implement geometryshader and transformfeedback into the Metal API so this can be used my MoltenVK.

Chip had opened radars with Apple years ago but they’ve still not provided the requested features in Metal.

stereotype wrote:

How do I enable the WineD3D Vulkan backend? There's no difference regarding name plates when I untick DXVK in the bottle settings.

On Mac, just unticking DXVK in the bottle settings should then have you using the Vulkan wined3d backend. I tried this just now with CrossOver 21.2, and I see the nameplates with wined3d but not DXVK. If you did something unsupported like install a different DXVK version in your bottle, you might get unexpected results.

We continue to make improvements with wined3d performance, and expect this game to work much better with wined3d (so the nameplates will show AND the game will run well otherwise) in a future CrossOver release.

Best,
Meredith

@Meredith

I actually keep forgetting but with how common this keep coming up of swapping out DXVK/MoltenVK it might be a good idea for CW to make some kinda announcement explaining that’s not supported. Considering a CW partner who’s making revenue from you using a url is advertising to swap out DXVK/MoltenVK it really doesn’t help matters.

Dean Greer wrote:

@Meredith

I actually keep forgetting but with how common this keep coming up of swapping out DXVK/MoltenVK it might be a good idea for CW to make some kinda announcement explaining that’s not supported. Considering a CW partner who’s making revenue from you using a url is advertising to swap out DXVK/MoltenVK it really doesn’t help matters.

Great idea; I'm working with our support team on crafting a forum post about this. (And we have a plan in place to address affiliates who share information that is fully unsupported by us.)

Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Dean Greer wrote:

@Meredith

Great idea; I'm working with our support team on crafting a forum post about this. (And we have a plan in place to address affiliates who share information that is fully unsupported by us.)

Meredith

I’ve gone ahead and added a warning to each release for MoltenVK and my DXVK-macOS forks, also reached out to marzent and requested they also do the same for there DXVK fork so hopefully that helps somewhat.

Could you pin/lock the relevant post so it doesn’t get lost or spammed to all hell?

So... this is still not fixed, right? Like there are some items or things in the game that basically doesn't render and show up which looks like the same problem with the nameplates problem... I tried disabling DVXK but it is extremely slow... Any progress on this?

Sean Han wrote:

So... this is still not fixed, right? Like there are some items or things in the game that basically doesn't render and show up which looks like the same problem with the nameplates problem... I tried disabling DVXK but it is extremely slow... Any progress on this?

Ether Apple needs to add the requested extensions or MoltenVK would need to implement these missing extensions in another manner.

As for WineD3D Vulkan backend yes this runs slower than DXVK as it aims for correctness.

I am as well only waiting for the nameplates to show up (or for better performance in WineD3D Vulkan backend for Rocket League) and I will be buying this for sure!

Hello !

I have RL with my Mac Studio Ultra and the game run perflectly EXCEPT for the name plate...
That's so frustrating... Crossover have better performance than Parallels for this game (and not a little, the difference is huge) but this problem is a really mess.
I really hope for an update, but I see this problem is known since many months...
Do your best please

This is also an issue for me running Rocket League; posting here to be subscribed to any future updates.

Dean Greer wrote:

Don’t expect CodeWeavers to fix this problem, Apple needs to implement geometryshader and transformfeedback into the Metal API so this can be used my MoltenVK.

Chip had opened radars with Apple years ago but they’ve still not provided the requested features in Metal.

Metal 3 was announced at WWDC 2022 and adds support for mesh shaders which can run geometry shaders (if I understand correctly)

Some initial testing has begun in MoltenVK (see https://github.com/KhronosGroup/MoltenVK/issues/1618)

1 1

Hello Codeweavers,

Any update on the nameplates for Rocket League? The game is working great on my MacBook Pro M1 Max but it's nearly impossible to play since we can't see the nameplates. This means we can barely see the other players on the field making it difficult to play competitively.

Any updates would be great? Maybe it's impossible to add nameplates with DXVK on?

Please let us know.

• Crossover Rocket League community

Hector Delgado wrote:

Hello Codeweavers,

Any update on the nameplates for Rocket League? The game is working great on my MacBook Pro M1 Max but it's nearly impossible to play since we can't see the nameplates. This means we can barely see the other players on the field making it difficult to play competitively.

Any updates would be great? Maybe it's impossible to add nameplates with DXVK on?

Please let us know.

• Crossover Rocket League community

To have name plates when using DXVK Metal needs to provide geomtryshaders & transformfeedback.

Names plates should be working with WineD3D Vulkan (DXVK off), thr next release aka CX22 should have vastly improved FPS so should be playable without enabling DXVK.

Dean Greer wrote:

To have name plates when using DXVK Metal needs to provide geomtryshaders & transformfeedback.

Names plates should be working with WineD3D Vulkan (DXVK off), thr next release aka CX22 should have vastly improved FPS so should be playable without enabling DXVK.

Is there a timeline for CX22 we can find online?

CrossOver 22 is out now. 60fps is now achievable using wined3d (not DXVK). Nameplates visible. Online multiplayer via Steam. M1 Pro 14", 16GB, 14 GPU cores

I have CroosOver 22 and have been using it to play Rocket League WITHOUT DXVK and when I first start playing the game I get around 80fps the game slowly starts to deteriorate in terms of FPS. By about 10 minutes of play (Freeplay, not competitive) I'll be down to 50-60fps. 15 mins+ and I'm down to 40fps and I've gone all the way down to 25fps, steady. I will say that Code Weavers has tried their best to get this to perform well but it seems that without DXVK it is improbable that we will be able to get steady good performance. At least until now. Unfortunately we cannot see nameplates using DXVK so it looks like I will have to find another way to play my favorite game.

Macbook Pro 14" M1 Max 64GB memory 24 Core GPU 10 Core CPU

Same, fps drops in 10 minutes…

I'm having the same issue with Crossover 22. Rocket league (DXFK turned off) plays great with nameplates for about 4 min. It progressively slows down until it is so choppy it's unplayable. Is there some setting I'm missing?

Same weird issue with the FPS dropping dramatically after around 5 mins. I had a minimum of 40 FPS, average at 80 and after around 5 mins it was down to 25FPS consistently.

14" MBP M1 Max, Crossover 22
DXVK Disabled.

1 to 50 of 72

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ3M0Sm1BbkhZRkpyeDZaeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9