CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Just an FWI .Net doesn’t work for some unlisted apps in CX21

Not sure if this was reported prior to my ticket today but .Net isn’t working in CX21.0.0, it did work in CX20.0.4 so if you need .Net you’ll need to use the older version.

Edit to cover what Meredith mentioned.;
This might not affect all applications/games but if something doesn’t work that requires .Net try downgrading to CX20.0.4.

Hey Dean,

I saw your ticket for PKHeX, but I don't think this is a problem affecting all applications that use .NET. Our testing indicates that our crossties that install .NET still work well on CrossOver 21.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hey Dean,

I saw your ticket for PKHeX, but I don't think this is a problem
affecting all applications that use .NET. Our testing indicates that
our crossties that install .NET still work well on CrossOver 21.

Best,
Meredith

The CrossTie does indeed install .Net correctly but I’m not having any luck running anything that uses .Net, PKHeX was the item used in the ticket as it’s nice and small example.

What other .NET applications aren't working for you? Several applications that we test that are using .NET (including many games and Quicken) are still working well on CrossOver 21, provided that you use the crossties that install .NET as a dependency.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

What other .NET applications aren't working for you? Several
applications that we test that are using .NET (including many games
and Quicken) are still working well on CrossOver 21, provided that
you use the crossties that install .NET as a dependency.

Best,
Meredith

It’s more unlisted applications/games, I’ve edited my comment to reflect this might not affect all applications/games.

Or maybe it’s worth locking/deleting the thread?

No need to delete the thread; I just wanted to clarify that manually installing .NET still works just fine.

We are definitely interested in .NET regressions in 21. We started shipping wine-mono with 21, and since we will continue to do so with future releases these regressions are good to know about.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

No need to delete the thread; I just wanted to clarify that manually
installing .NET still works just fine.

We are definitely interested in .NET regressions in 21. We started
shipping wine-mono with 21, and since we will continue to do so with
future releases these regressions are good to know about.

Best,
Meredith

Could you possibly change the title?

I guess I’m just unlucky with what I’ve been testing. Yeah I noticed the older version of wine-mono was bundled, bumping to wine-mono-6.3 kinda helped at least.

I guess the next thing I can do it open an issue for wine-mono-6.3 so Esme can possibly implement what ever is missing to make PKHeX happy. That’s one of the applications I’m constantly getting bugged about

Title changed!

And I'll ask Esme to take a look at the bug that was filed based on your support ticket.

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVnJBWjVWYnNaZXBWQnhzUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9