CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Anyway to control the resolution of a Windows app in Crossover?

I see that by right clicking on a Windows app in a bottle there is a option for imputing "Command Line Options". Could this be used to stimulate a change in in resolution? I have been trying to get Lotus Approach (old IBM database program) to run properly on an M1 iMac. I am also running Windows 11 for ARM (under Parallels 17) and noticed that if I change Windows resolution to 3840x2160 or less before starting Approach, the program will run perfectly - including when I have to change views to a printing format within the program. Same issue I am having running the program through Crossover. So - is there anyway to change the resolution within Crossover? Thanks.

Hi there,

You can try going into Wine Configuration, going to the Graphics tab and selecting "Emulate a virtual desktop" and changing the resolution for the virtual desktop.

Best,
Meredith

Thanks I tried that. Opened Winecfg using the Command app in the bottle for Approach, and changed the resolution for the virtual desktop, but nothing changed. Not sure if there is something I am missing - like something to get the bottle to understand and see the settings in winecfg or not.

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi there,

You can try going into Wine Configuration, going to the Graphics tab
and selecting "Emulate a virtual desktop" and changing the
resolution for the virtual desktop.

Best,
Meredith

winemac.drv does not support virtual desktop only winex11.drv. I’d recently bugged Gijs to make a patch to disabled this checkbox.

Here’s the two required commits as a patch that applies to wine-6.0.1
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gcenx/macports-wine/main/x11/wine-stable/files/patch-winecfg_Disable_virtual_desktop_when_using_macdrv.diff
Can’t remember if it needed tweaking for CX21 sources.

I was told from multiple macOS wine developers it would be externally difficult to get virtual desktop functioning, but Chip did recently make some rendering changes since OSX 10.8 was dropped so who knows.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibTNlVHV3bmI2SlJQMjVhZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9