CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Invisible models in Unity games

Hi!

I'm trying to play Last Epoch through Steam in CX21. The game runs fine except that all models are invisible... There seams to be an issue with Unity games in general; se this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/wine_gaming/comments/fz8l47/unity_game_avatar_model_invisible/

Do any1 of you have any idea how to fix this issue?

Thx

same issue here, im trying to run The Last Stand: Aftermath on m1 mbp

I have the same issue in Valheim, when trying to play in DX. Also parts of the environment don't render as well. In Vulcan, everything renders fine, but the game slows down to a crawl and becomes almost unresponsive.

Valheim also uses Unity.

I've got the same problem with Shadow Tactics and Windbound. So i tried to see if it is reproducible using an example project and indeed the problem is there, too:

Mac Game
Win Game
Game Project

I used Unity on macOS (2020.1.14f1) and build the game for Windows. Then started the exe in CrossOver 21.1. You can see an empty street with cars, but you don't see the player. If you build & run the mac-version you'll see that there's a soldier next to the cars.

I don't know Unity enough to understand the difference between the cars and the soldier, but in the Shadow Tactics all you see of the character or its enemies is their weapons, nothing more. Which makes the game quite tricky to play.

Maybe this helps narrow down the problem.

Same issue on CX22.0.1

You could try adding the registry key... I don't know if it solves this specific bug but its similar to this:
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=34052

HKEY_CURRENT_USER (a.k.a HKCU) +-Software

+-Wine
+-Direct3D
+->CheckFloatConstants
| | [Range check float constants in d3d9 shaders.]

Write a 1 Value, registry key is DWORD.

I have the same issue trying to play Ori and the Will of the Wisps. The game seems to be running very smoothly but the characters are not rendered. Running 22.1 on MPB M1 Max.

Any idea of a workaround or at least an estimation of when that will be fixed?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicmd3SnlOVFR3eUJDVDNtSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9