CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Rockstar Launcher through Steam

Hello,

I have been trying to make Rockstar Launcher work on CrossOver 21.1, but without luck.

I own GTA 5 on Steam, so I download it through there. When Rockstar Launcher opens through Steam, I am met with a black screen.
When I download Rockstar Launcher on its own, it opens with no problems, however I have no license for the game here.

Does anyone have experience with making this work?

Hello,

the same here 🙁 anyone found a solution?

EDIT:
I have uninstalled CrossOver and installed again. This time I installed steam and rockstar launcher from inside crossover (on the same steam bottle). This way rockstar social club opens and allows you to login. Then, when GTA (I tried with GTA IV) is downloaded on steam, it works. Anyway, game crashed after a while of playing, I haven't tried again.

Hi folks,

Rockstar Games Launcher needs DXVK to be enabled in the bottle settings in order to run. We have DXVK enabled in the crossties for Rockstar Games Launcher and Grand Theft Auto V, but if you install it in an existing Steam bottle, then you'll need to manually enable DXVK in your bottle.

Best,
Meredith

Hello and thank you for your answer. How can I manually enable DXVK? All the times I tried I installed only steam, RGSC and DirectX for modern games. Now I have installed DXVK, I will try it, but I don't know how to manually enable it.

Thank you Meredith, this trick did it!

DXVK is enabled by right clicking the bottle in which Rockstar launcher is installed (In my case it's the Steam Bottle), going to settings in the popout menu, and enabling DXVK backend for D3D11

hey Simon sorry I didn't get the the thing settings in poppet menu pls elaborate

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNGt5Um5uSjdacHltVWFLNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9