CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Reason 11 & 12

Hello, has anyone has success installing Reason in Crossover on a Mac?

Reason 11 installs and runs ok but then after a minute or so of running the GUI begins to disappear until it’s completely blank and then it just stops working.

Reason 12 installs and runs ok but there is no text in any menus or the browsers, it all comes up blank.

In both cases the drop down menus in the toolbar don’t function.

Running Crossover 21.1 on MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB. If Crossover can run 3D Steam games I figure it could handle a program like Reason, so perhaps some system resources are required but I wouldn’t know where to even start. I tried installing some core fonts but it didn’t seem to make a difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Hi there,

My naive googling tells me that Reason uses OpenGL. Unfortunately, Apple has deprecated OpenGL support on Macs, which means many OpenGL apps won't be able to work on macOS with CrossOver.

Best,
Meredith

This has nothing to do with OpenGL.

I made it work. Well, the upper menu doesn't work, but it's kind of irrelevant. It could easily get a 4/5 stars rating, because it works really good.
So Linux users could finally use Reason...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXE0_Ci_mBg

Reason 12 with working fonts. You will need CrossGridder bottle to have the Reason retail installer to work.

The video is from Ubuntu 21, since a retail version exists for macOS, still just for fun I've tested it from Mojave to Monterey and it works the same as on Ubuntu.

Enjoy!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOUpjaExjZEpteEphZEhXUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9