CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

crossover(?) crashing laptop

hello ive been using crossover for a while now and im having issues with games literally making my laptop restart I have no idea if I have a virus or something(doubt it as I know better than to click/download suspicious stuff) but for some reason whenever I play a game it makes my laptop restart I have no idea if its a problem with crossover cuz it could be a problem with macOS Monterey as it started when I updated my os but I need to know whats causing the problem so I can find a way to fix it. an example of a game that restarts my laptop is a game called spaced I downloaded from gamejolt many thanks in advance

What laptop are you running this on? Are you fully up to date? If this keeps happening I would recommend wiping your drive and starting fresh on a new installation of Monterey.

running it on an early 2020 MacBook Air with everything aside from good storage im up to date and I actually did wipe my drive (before problems) I did the first aid thing on my Macintosh hd disk and there were no problems

john criga wrote:

running it on an early 2020 MacBook Air with everything aside from
good storage im up to date and I actually did wipe my drive (before
problems) I did the first aid thing on my Macintosh hd disk and
there were no problems

Frankly, it doesn't seem likely that this is a crossover issue. Are there logs after crashing? typically, if the operating system has a crash, then it typically throws up an error report onto the screen, with something like "Your Mac Has Encountered an Issue that caused it to crash."

If that's not showing up, then I don't know what's going on with your computer. Maybe try and take a video of what happens when it shuts down?

yes its not a problem with crossover and was a problem with my laptop fixed it by following what this dude said https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253575019?login=true

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicGZkN2NXNXJCTlAyUHpYQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9