CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GTA V trough Steam crashes after black screen

I have been encountering some issues with GTA V on crossover 21.1 (Lastest nightly build), i own the game on steam and i had to reinstall it. So i create a windows 10 64 bit bottle with steam in it. I have no problems doing so, then i enable DXVK on the bottle since rockstar games launcher will not run without it. So i proceed to install GTA V trough steam with no problems. Once the install is done i launch the game and then it installs Rockstar Games Launcher and everything is okay. But once i launch the game i am stuck with a black screen wich i can still se my cursor on it, after 10 seconds, the game closes. I tried launching it on the rockstar games launcher but it would do the same thing. Here are my specs :
-MacBook pro 13,3" 2020 with macOS Monterey's lastest version
-An external monitor: MSI Optix G24C

Hi Gabriel,

Does it run better without using an external monitor?

Best,
Meredith

I tried and it just didn't worked, but i will try unplugging everything. Its just that i cant at the moment ill test it right after.

Thanks for the help, it works really well and it turns out that this was also glitching out with steam.

hi Meredith ,
I ran into same problem as Gabriel and I m pretty Sure it happend coz I increased some graphic settings in GTA 5 and it crashes and now this black screen shows . This same situation took place first time and now this is second time .
IT WOULD BE REALLY GREAT IF YOU HELP ME IN THIS SITUATION.

Hi there,

Are you also using an external monitor? If so, the solution is probably the same.

If you're not using an external monitor, the easiest solutions for making settings changes that get the game into a bad state is to delete the relevant files. Those would live in Documents > Rockstar Games > GTA V in this case.

Best,
Meredith

Good day,
I can open the game (GTA V) 98% percent of the time. Playing GTA online sometimes leads to a freeze for 1 minute and crash sometimes I have to restart the computer. I have most of the graphics on low but the resolution is set to the highest. Runs at about 3 FPS On my MacBook Pro 16 inch M1 Pro with 16GB RAM. Any ideas what can be causing this? It doesn’t happen at a particular time but it does happen every time I play more than once unfortunately. I updated DXVK to 1.10 and unfortunately ran into some issues updating Vulkan Drivers so I reverted to default. Also running latest Crossover.
Thanks in advance.

Sorry I meant 30 FPS.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTHQ4U2hkdGJja3JVeUM4dCIsImdkcHIiOjB9