CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam games crash at launch (even the ones listed as "compatible")

No matter what Steam game I try, they all crash at launch.
And it is not a matter of compatibility: I've tried one listed with a compatibility of 4 out of 5, and I still get the same results.

Could someone please help?

Hi there,

In order for anyone to try to give advice, we would need more info from you. What version of CrossOver are you using, what macOS version are you running and which games are crashing?

Best,
Meredith

Apologies, I forgot.
I'm on MacOS 12.1, with a MacBook Pro M1 Pro, using Crossover 21.1.

The grim reality is, that a lot of games that used to work on Intel Macs no longer work on M1 Macs. Even if the database entry on the CodeWeavers site says that it is working, you need to try for yourself, as most of these ratings were submitted on Intel Macs.

Right now, Parallels 17 seems to provide better compatibility. But again, you need to try it for yourself.

Edit: I submitted a suggestion to CodeWeavers to add the processor architecture (Intel or M1) with which the rating was determined to the rating.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZWFhY2NzcUJYUWI2N3pRQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9