CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Vibration support for Xbox Series Controller

Hey guys!

I am using a Xbox Series Controller with CrossOver on macOS to play games. The controller is natively supported by macOS and properly shows up in the controller settings in CrossOver as well. Controls also work fine in-game in CrossOver. The only thing that doesn't work is the rumble/vibration feature which I am really missing. The Force Feedback tab in the CrossOver controller settings is just empty, so I am assuming it is not recognizing the controller's vibration capability. Other apps like Steam Link and Chrome (for browser games or Stadia) do recognize it and vibration works flawlessly in-game.

Any chance this might get fixed?

Hi there,

We do have a bug filed for this issue, and we are planning a fix for a future release (likely later this year).

Best,
Meredith

Awesome, thank you! Looking forward to it.

Hi! Is this still not fixed on 22.0?

No, we didn't get a fix for vibration support in the 22.0.0 release. It's still targeted for a release in the near future.

Best,
Meredith

It works on my machine since crossover 22, but you have to set them in a specific way.
Follow instructions below.

As you might know, if you open "Game Controllers" setting on crossover, on the "Joysticks" tab there are 3 types of status for controllers(Connected, Connected xinput device, Disabled), and there are two devices detected(Xbox Wireless Controller, Controller Xbox One For Windows).
First, press override button for both controllers so it goes to "Connected" category. Then, you have to press disable button for "Controller (Xbox One For Windows)" so it goes to "Disabled category. You might have to click apply button to save these settings.

For end result, you should see "Xbox Wireless Controller" on "Connected" and "Controller (Xbox One For Windows)" on "Disabled".

I believe Apple added a public API in macOS Monterey this enabled force feedback on these systems, prior to this the API was private I’d assume Meredith is referring to getting force feedback working on prior macOS versions.

Ditto to Scott’s post above. The trick to get the XBox controller to work by setting the overrides would also include vibration support. It’s working on my Witcher 3 install.

I can't wait to see a fix for this. Vibration makes games so much more immersive.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOWc2R2s5TGFOVGQzVWRKbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9