CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

mouse restricted to a small area until switching to another app and back

After a crossover application has been left alone for a while, switching to it causes the mouse to be restricted to a small area that isn't necessarily the same size (usually smaller) or location as the crossover'ed application, and generally things don't work. To recover I 3-finger swipe to get to a different desktop, which restores the mouse, then I make some other application active. then if I go back to the crossover application everything is fine, until it happens again.

Possibly this only happens after the system has slept, I'm not sure, other than the crossover applications have to have not been active for a while.
I'm also not sure if its related to using multiple desktops (or spaces?) or not, but my workaround involves changing desktops to recover.

I'm using a Magic Trackpad, Monterey 12.3.1 on an M1 Ultra, with crossover 21.2.0.33926, and the windows applications are Mikrotik The Dude and Mikrotik Inbox. I've seen this issue with both, and these are the only windows apps I currently have installed.

Both applications are each typically a little less than one quarter of the screen real estate on a 4k monitor, with various Mac apps open as well (mostly safari windows); and I have another Mac app open in its own full screen space. there is only one physical monitor.

I am also having the same issue running Metatrader 4 in the latest version of CrossOver (21.2). After display sleep, the window is partially black and the cursor is restricted to a small section of the window until I command+Tab to another app (to solve the mouse issue) and resize the window (to remove the black section).

This worked fine in the previous version of CrossOver - has something changed to cause this issue in the latest version?

Still having this issue unfortunately, seems to be even worse when using 2 monitors after wake from sleep. Gone back to using Crossover 21.1 for now, still getting the occasional black window but at least the mouse issue doesn't seem to occur.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNjk1SnhRSGtyRVJUZFMyZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9