CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam not displaying content (including library)

So recently I finished my finals and decided to fire up GTA5.

And what happened is that it does not load the content anymore, and I will try to explain how it happened.

1. I loaded up Steam

2. It is stuck so I end process

3. It fails

So I've tried a few ways:

Quit and re-open steam: Useless

Re-install steam: Useless

Use compact mode: Useless since when launching GTA5 from the small mode Wine gives a warning

Re-install the bottle: Yes but everytime I need to re-install a 100gb game which is pretty tough.

Downgrade Crossover: Even more useless

So is there any suggestions how to fix it? I know it is asked before but I think this will be a problem that will disturb a lot new players.

p.s. I am using a M1 Max Mac Studio running on Monterey 12.4 Crossover 21.2

Also it does work in Compact mode but compact mode can't load Rockstar Games Launcher.

Okay this is day 2 and I found a new way to activate this thing.

I found that every time I download and launch GTA5, it gives a pop-up saying I am already launching despite the fact that I did not touch any button in Steam.

And later on, there will be some interesting things coming up, as the RGL launches, and it gives the SocialClubHelper.exe failed to load because of Wine pop-up.

Very Interesting to see, don't know whats going on.

p.s. Mine Internet is completely fine as on my friend's Windows it can load so confused.

Okay more interesting now.

It seems that now Store display content, but Community doesn't.

inTereSTinG

Update: I switched to my another account and amazingly this problem fixed (not sure whether this will appear again)

I don't really have much to add, but you dont need to redownload the whole game files (100gb) again if you keep the original bottle when making a new one, then transfer the game files over to the new bottle after its set up, etc.. That should help out a lot. I don't have the game, so i won't be much help here, but can you just avoid using steam to launch this game? Cause it requires Rockstar client anyways..

s

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMkZmNUNZcngzNTlDYzJhbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9