CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam Myst IV: Revelations on M1 crashes in Serenia Age

I've had some problems with game crashes using Steam Myst IV specifically in Haven and Serenia age. I routed around this issue in Haven by changing from Win7 to Win 10 to Win 8 in the Wine flask settings. The flask itself is Win 7 I think, or is what it says and was originally. I noticed Steam updates itself when changing this.

In Serenia age Myst IV runs fine for large parts, but at a certain place, seemingly without anything special, it crashes every time. There have been crashes in other places too, though not every time. I experimented with changing Windows version here too, but didn't help much.

I'm running in high quality mode as when not, the display would occasionally change size to just a part of the window. I did try without HQ, but didn't make a difference. Otherwise just the basics active, like DXVK .

Hardware original M1. I must say to have gotten this far has been very encouraging, It sure seems Codeweavers make great work.

Any ideas how to avoid crashes?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWHRFSjVFd21zTkgzN21MOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9