CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fallout 4 crashes on startup even after following the instructions for running the game.

So I downloaded Crossover, installed Steam (win 10-64 bit) and turned on the wine settings DXVK, CSMT and ESync as was stated in the run instructions for being able to play Fallout 4 (https://www.applegamingwiki.com/wiki/Fallout_4). I have also went in to the wine configurations and added the audio Items that were missing, like, x3audio1_6, x3audio1_7, xaudio2_6 and xaudio2_7.

After all of that, when I go onto the steam launcher trough the Crossover app and then press run on fallout 4, the first window pops up with the play, options and so on. Then I press play and a black window comes up for a second or two and then crashes with no warning or anything. Another thing that happens when I do the same thing but this time I remove the option of borderless window play and instead want to play in fullscreen, a wind pops up saying

"The program Fallout4.ex has encountered a serious
problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience."

and

"This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in
wine. You may want to check."

I am really confused at this point because I have only done the absolute necessary to run the game and nothing else. Is there a fix to this? Is there something I'm missing? please if you have any suggestions, help me out.

Thanks!

Hit there,
Same problem here, on my Ventura Macos silicon M1Pro it always crashes when clicking on play button. All setting are as widely recommended in online available wikis. Has anyone solved this yet?
Cheers , mark

Fallout 4 has a long standing issue where the game will crash when using native xact dlls (xaudio) see https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41271

Upstreams solution is using its builtin solution based on FAudio, though there’s currently no support for decoding xWMA audio format in upstream wine (last I checked)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSkU4ZEp1Z1RxRnBoTFJ2YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9