CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam install fails on TrueType font installs with M1 MacBook Pro

As said in title. When I try to install Steam from CrossOver popular apps list things are fine until it gets to the ttf fonts.

at first font It shows a blank debugger terminal, and a blank Program Error windows (with empty buttons).
Clicking either button triggers the Crossover dialog to Cancel, Skip, or Retry (which always fails).
If I skip through all the font attempts I get to and successfully install the Microsoft XML parser. But then The Steam Setup window appears and has no text, and blank buttons as well.

I have no active AntiVirus running that would block things. And have tried connecting to internet via HotSpot in case there was an IP issue but no change.

The same exact thing happens with me on my new M1 Ventura (13.0.1 and 13.1 just released) Mac with Crossover 22.0.1
Tried Hotspot same problem. Tried installing CoreFonts same problem. I have no anti-virus and don't have private-relay either. I have opened a ticket and was talking to someone for a bit, but haven't found a solution yet.

Anybody else run into this and found a solution?

For me, installing Steam is the only reason to buy Crossover for Mac. It worked on my older Mac and I was encouraged by that success to get a new Mac.

You need to open a support ticket about this the forums are not an official support channel.

I am experiencing the exact same issue - upgraded to OS 13.01 Ventura on a M1 8GB and consequently downloaded CrossOver 22.01. Has a solution for this been found yet? Many thanks in advance.

Same issue here. Purchased a brand new 2021 M1 Pro 14 Mackbook Pro with Ventura installed. I can not install anything on crossover 22.01. Every bottle fails to create. Has anyone found a resolution for this? I can't use the free trial because of this and wont buy until it's confirmed to be fixed.

Hrm, that's odd.

I am running a 14" macbook pro m1 pro, upgraded to ventura, originally running crossover 21.something, then upgraded to 22 when i went to ventura, and at that point, installed a fresh windows 10, 64bit steam bottle where i play american truck simulator.

Sure, there are some bugs and problems with steam fully loading my library most of the time, and i often have to go offline in steam, stop/start it, then go online and launch my game, but it works and i play nearly every day.

Want to reply here with a solution that WORKED from support : Create a fresh user account on your Ventura Mac. Then installing Steam works perfectly!

I would love to figure out how to get my main account working, but at least I know it's not crossover or my OS, but instead something odd about my account (which obviously I just migrated from an older ElCapitan Mac)

I see that this issue affects 4 people so far! Hopefully the above solution works. Hoping someone can figure out what's the culprit on folk's mac user accounts.

pediria que resolvesse logo a situação do gato online!!!1 já são 4 meses

Cory Cooke wrote:

Want to reply here with a solution that WORKED from support : Create a fresh user account on your Ventura Mac. Then installing Steam works perfectly!

I would love to figure out how to get my main account working, but at least I know it's not crossover or my OS, but instead something odd about my account (which obviously I just migrated from an older ElCapitan Mac)

I see that this issue affects 4 people so far! Hopefully the above solution works. Hoping someone can figure out what's the culprit on folk's mac user accounts.
Granted, my m1 macbook pro account was on monteray before i upgraded to ventura, but my account is also an active directory tied one to my home AD. Not sure if that's related or not, but yeah, the issue that some folks mentioned didn't happen to me.

What worked here (to avoid creating another user in the whole system):

1 - Remove the old Steam bottle created in older OS from the folder ˜/Application/Crossover/* #Please remember to make backup of any sensible data inside the bottles (You can move the steam apps folder to a safe place along with the settings, you can consider moving the bottle to another folder as well)
2 - Reinstall Crossover with the newest version - Move the current app to trash and install the new version
3 - Recreate the bottles with the recommended settings for Steam using Crossover

Steam will work flawlessly after that.

Just a thought, has Crossover been given full disk access in Security and Privacy on MacOS?

I'm on a Macbook Pro 2020 (Intel based processor) with MacOS Ventura, and I have exactly the same issues! White text on white background, and impossible to install fonts.

What I tried:

• Give CrossOver the Disk full access as specified in the previous comment: not working
  • Disable my Wifi and go with a mobile hotspot (I found this on internet): not working

Note that I don't have any spyware or something else... And when going into the "Privacy & Security" during the install, I don't see my Mac blocking a program :/

Did you fix the issue since then? Did the support gave a solution? It's really frustrating haha...

Thank you,

Support gave me two solutions that worked : install steam on a fresh mac user account; they also gave me a pre-built steam bottle archive which I used on my main account. Both worked for me, but obviously I preferred the one I could have on my main account.
Nice to know I wasn't alone in this frustrating issue.

1 to 13 of 13

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaE56VHJycG5kZ2Y4bmFQeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9