CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Need .NET Framework 4.8

Hello,

Trying to use TurboTax 2022 Win. The installation starts fine but fails when TT installer says it needs .NET Framework 4.8. I think the current version of Crossover includes 4.7. Then tried to install .NET4.8 with the Microsoft .exe and that fails with the errors:

Blocking Issues: The .NET Framework 4.8 is not supported on this OS.
Warnings: Windows Module Installer Service not available on this computer.

I tried a few times, and fooled with variations, but can't get past this point. I'm not even sure if any of these errors is legit, they could be misrepresentations of whatever is going on. The log files are beyond my abilitiy to interpret. Is there a version of Crossover coming that includes .NET4.8 ? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric

I’m having the same trouble. Did you ever get it working?

.NET Framework installation problems may well be the single most common error reported on the Crossover boards, but I have yet to see any diagnosis or solution.…

I am having the same problem and I can't seem to get a resolution. Anyone have a solution?

Kenneth Sanders wrote:

I am having the same problem and I can't seem to get a resolution. Anyone have a solution?

Start with NET 4.0.
It (crossover) will then install 4.0, but it will begin by installing NET 2.0 SP2 first.
Takes about 10 minutes on a M1 macbook to go through all of the prerequisite installs.

Then try installling the 4.8 one after that.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTWt4THZ0VDRocTdkZGZrZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9