CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to get a list of installed applications that can easily be shared?

Hi,

For comparison reasons I would like to share my list of Installed applications from a specific bottle with someone. There is a view window showing which applications are installed per bottle, but these items cannot be selected and copied. I hope there is some Command line function to get the list.

Does anyone know how to get a list that can be copied?

If you go to ~/Library/Application Support/Crossover you should see a list of all your "launchers" each of which represents an installed application. They are all in one folder, they are not sorted by bottle. You can use the Finder to sort these in any number of ways and then do a print or save to PDF or text dump or even a screen shot.

Codeweavers recommends installing each application in its own bottle. If you have two or more applications which relate to each other, that is usually a reasonable reason to install them in the same bottle. For example, a game and a third-party application which manages mods for that game. Otherwise, each application should have its own bottle.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidVhNR1FweHRuYzNrUk5kYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9