CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

KartRider Drift - Cannot login

M1 Pro MacBook Pro running CrossOver 22.0.1 on macOS Ventura 13.1. Tried it on 22.1 beta as well.

Downloaded KartRider: Drift from Steam but the game fails to log in with error "Failed to log in. - Terminate network connection". No obvious errors from the network logs either. If I actually have the Internet disconnected, it gives the error "Failed to log in to KartRider: Drift. - Network connection failure". I have checked and I do not have iCloud Private Relay or any kind of VPN/Adblock/Proxy enabled. I tried connecting to a VPN but it gave the same error "- Terminate network connection". It seems the game has network access but it's failing for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi there,

My best guess is that the anti-cheat this game uses is at fault. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about anti-cheat problems :/

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi there,

My best guess is that the anti-cheat this game uses is at fault. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about anti-cheat problems :/

Best,
Meredith

Thank you for the reply. I searched around more and apparently Proton users are able to bypass this error and play the game normally using a certain setting: https://www.protondb.com/app/1184140

Since Proton is also based on Wine, is it possible there is a fix for this problem? Thanks again!

Hi there,

Yes, I saw the Proton DB reports as well. It looks like people are reporting success with using Proton GE, which is a modified version of Proton. We don't use hacks from Proton GE in Wine, Proton or CrossOver.

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVVlxMnA3TTRYOVh4eDdlTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9