CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

cannot get game controller to work in game

I have ps4 controller paired with Mac. works with all native games just fine. with crossover I get very rare connections, maybe 1 in 20. I have tried every combination of unpairing, repairing, pairing at different points of the game load, overriding, resetting, rebooting, etc. The controller works in the controller widget in the bottle about 50%. Meaning it is paired to Mac but no response in the widget tester. But even if that does work the game will not attach the controller 95% of the time. The rare time where it does the game plays great. In fact I can only play with the controller because the mouse gets clipped so bad.

Does anyone know how to make the game controller work reliably with crossover?

Hi! Sorry to hear about this trouble. Here is a thread that might be helpful:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;mhl=275689;msg=258977#c8

A few obvious things to mention, which you've probably tried:

• Have you tried connecting your controller with a cable?
  • Make sure your controller is connected to your Mac before launching CrossOver.
  • Are you using Steam? If so, right-click on the game, click "Properties", then "Controller", and then try "Allow Steam input" (rather than "Default").

Just for the sake of mentioning it, if you're ever in the market for a new controller, the DualSense seems to work a little more easily with CrossOver on Mac. (But I could be wrong.)

martan717 wrote:

Hi! Sorry to hear about this trouble. Here is a thread that might be helpful:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;mhl=275689;msg=258977#c8

A few obvious things to mention, which you've probably tried:

• Have you tried connecting your controller with a cable?
  • Make sure your controller is connected to your Mac before launching CrossOver.
  • Are you using Steam? If so, right-click on the game, click "Properties", then "Controller", and then try "Allow Steam input" (rather than "Default").

Thanks for trying to help. I tried these but did not fix it.

I reinstalled the game in a new bottle. Since the game saves are in ~/Documents I didn't lose anything. Interestingly the new install works with the controller. I tired to figure out what was different between the two bottles (there shouldn't be any) but did not discover anything. So not sure what wedged the first one wrt controllers specifically. Anyway I am up and running again.

Just for the sake of mentioning it, if you're ever in the market for a new controller, the DualSense seems to work a little more easily with CrossOver on Mac. (But I could be wrong.)

Good idea! Great news. Glad that it worked.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTXR6Y1ZuWW1Hekxxc1pCVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9