CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Asus C302 Chromebook (Core M3) model: What DOES work with Crossover on this model?

Hi guys--

My C302 is running Chrome ver. 58.0.03029.89 at the time of this posting.

I absolutely love this Chromebook, and I was delighted when about two months ago I got invited to the Crossover for Android preview. Since getting access, I've fiddled around some, but I've had very little success getting anything from Windows working. I tried installing Steam which worked, but performance was very, very odd. I also successfully loaded the bittorrent client Deluge, but using it in this method was not really practical or useful. I'm currently about to try installing Adobe Photoshop CS3, as CS6 completely refused to initialize. Ideally, I've also really wanted to emulate World of Warcraft on this Chromebook but no matter how many different ways I've tried to install Battle.net or the World of Warcraft client, no budge. It's even listed within Wine reports as relatively emulatable.

I'm just curious; does anyone else out there have the C302 and have Crossover, and if so.. what HAVE you successfully gotten installed and working? Does Crossover struggle with this because of the M3 architecture or something? I'd love some ideas for programs to put on this Chromebook.

I also have an Asus C302 and so far haven't got anything to work whatsoever.

The only things I've managed to get to work with some success are internet explorer and firefox. I've been trying to get sky sports, which needs an additional programme to run it on Firefox (won't run on explorer) but although I can add the program to Firefox through crossover, it will not run. I've tried one game on steam and it seemed to have loaded up correctly, however additional files start downloading with an estimated time of a couple of minutes and then end up with a crazy 1 year and counting.

Doesn't seem like it's unique to your model. I have a Pixel and while I used to be able to run a few things, I can't get anything other than Steam running anymore. Not even games from Steam.

Libreoffice and Zoteo works perfect, Easyphp or Xamp got some problems so far. Im going to look into good old windows games that should be able to run pretty good :)

I have the Pixelbook with the core M5 (7y57) and have been able to get Steam, and Rocket League (from steam) to work. I can't figure out how to adjust the resolutions at which these programs display at though.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUzh2U3QzZUNHenVFYjNzSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9