CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Samsung Chromebook Pro

I own two Samsung Chromebook Plus(es). The first one was for my daughter and I was so impressed by it, I bought another one for my wife.

I was about to buy a third one for myself then came across CrossOver. So now, I'm holding out for a Samsung Chromebook Pro so to have an Intel based Chromebook in hopes of running OneNote (proper onenote) and all other office apps.

I know the device was just released today but was hoping that anyone who has purchased it can let us know if we can expect the behavior of other Intel based Chromebooks and whether Office runs properly?

The rumours about Chromebook Pro

For CrossOver Android - I can say that I have successfully installed Windows only apps on an Asus MemoPad 7" tablet.

Using the software is a pain but it works - and I believe Office will too though I have not tried.

With a Chromebook which is equipped with keyboard and large display I believe it will run - but don't hold me to it as I am not the developer of neither Microsoft Office nor CrossOver.

So after patiently waiting, I got a Chromebook Pro and finally got CrossOver Android installed. I tried repeatedly to install Office 2010 and 2013 and the farthest I could get was with 2013 where the applications were installed but I could never get past the authentication part of launching Word or PowerPoint or Excel. I have a clean key I purchased directly from Microsoft's HUP program a few years ago but had never used it. Moreover, I couldn't get OneNote to install which is 50% of the reason why I wanted to get this all working so badly in the first place.

If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY1VKYW01cU13YnR4cXdMYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9