CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Running Legend of Grimrock over Steam

So with a bit of hassle I managed to get Steam running on my Asus C302 flip, this is what I had to do:
Download Steam from the official Steam site and then install from Crossover using "Install unlisted application" option.
Then reboot the Chromebook. For some reason you also need to do this every time you want to run Steam anew!
I could then login and access my games in the Steam site.
I ran Legend of Grimrock , which works fairly well apart from a few issues:

1) Screen text resolution is very small - I cannot see a way to change this however ?
2) pop up menus from within the game are not displaying! However some of the controls for the popup must still be sort of running as it is possible to hit the arrow keys and enter and get a save menu to show!! Is this pop up menu failure a known limitation at the moment ?

Are the above issues likely to be generic issues from within Crossover or more Steam specific ?

I think the text resolution is across the board in crossover. Every app i have installed seems to have much smaller text then normal. I think this is a known issue though and crossover dev team might be working on it.

Also how did you get Steam to install on ChromeOS? I tried installing it and it said its not supported using the official installer

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidWdkcGZBa21RZjdCQ05hWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9