CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crostini Architecture mismatch

I'm installing Crossover 18 from deb on Crostini (Asus C213 Dev channel). The Debian VM identifies itself as 64 bit.

sudo dpkg -i crossover_18.0.0-1.deb 
dpkg: error processing archive crossover_18.0.0-1.deb (--install):
 package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)

The download page states that the deb should work on 32 and 64 bit systems but it appears to be 32 bit only.

Just curious, have you tried a force install (--force-all) and/or another package installer (sudo apt install ./crossover_18.0.0-1.deb)? I suppose it could be an issue with how they built the package, but these might be worth a try...

We have a write-up on installing CrossOver in Crostini here:

https://www.codeweavers.com/about/blogs/duboisj/2018/6/12/crossover-in-a-linux-vm-on-a-google-pixelbook-a-walkthrough

It was written earlier in the summer and it's possible some things have changed, but in particular I think the error you see may change if you add the i386 architecture to the Debian instance you're running, like this:

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

(with following command listed in the write-up to complete your installation).

Hope that helps. Let us know how things run!

Thanks Josh, that worked. I'd forgotten about gdebi which actually prompts you to add the i386 architecture and then installs all the dependencies. Much easier.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieGJaY3phS0xmQ05ocFlrbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9