CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

There is no Windows Program configured to open this type of file

I am getting the above error message after installing Mixbus32Cv5. Mixbus is an open source program which originated on Linux before moving to OS X and finally Windows. It is an audio DAW, and because Crostini doesn't support audio yet I am trying to install it via Crossover.

After installing (Which runs fine) when I try to run the software I get first a blank dialog with a square (Looks like it might be missing a font) and then when pressing OK there I get the error message referenced in the title "There is no Windows Program configured to open this type of file" in a new dialog. I enabled debug logging but wasn't able to find any place where it referenced searching for a missing DLL or similar for me to go off of. I can archive the bottle and send it via Google Drive if desired for debugging purposes, Mixbus will run in demo mode (Noise every X number of seconds) as I do not have my license installed in it yet. Would love to get this working as it would mean I can do audio editing on my Chrome laptop without needing to go into debug mode and installing Crouton.

Any suggestions? Anything else I can provide to assist?

Seablade

Found the problem, the problem is that I was using a 64 Bit installer, with Crossover on ChromeOS, apparently you need to stick with 32 Bit programs instead. Live and learn. Thanks anyways. Now on to improving performance as a basic session takes over 100% CPU right now:)

Seablade

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ0twVXFGSlBjRU1mZmNWcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9