CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Does Crossover have an issue with Unity 2018?

I installed a game called Region of Ruin. Its kinda like Rimworld. I installed it via Crossover (using the unknown application method), and it was fine. I start it up and it opens the games launcher. I click play and it begins to load, but it also shows a box with a red exclamation point That is titled Region of Ruin Unity 2018.2.18F(more letters and numbers). Then it shows a screen that says "Program error. The program Region of Ruin.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. This can be caused by a problem with the program or a deficiency in Wine.

This has happened with a few other games lately as well. Does anyone know whats going on here? Is Crossover or Wine or whatever not compatible with Unity 2018? Or is it some other issue or even something Ive done wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQnBkUVdlRzY3RUd1V05tVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9