CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Is Office 365 working?

Just want to ask if Office 365 is working with CrossOver for Chrome OS?

Marco Antonio (funny, that's my brother's name!),

I don't see too many other posts of folks having tried O365 on Chrome OS yet. As of my last test (with version 17.1.0), I could get it to install and some of the apps would run, but they were so slow as to not really be usable (which is odd, because the same Office 2016 apps ran much faster) and they would not load saved files. So I have been waiting for the next release of CrossOver version 18.x to see if the speed and other issues have been resolved. I'm guessing that the load and save issues I had with version 17.1.0 might be resolved with version 18.0.0, since they were resolved with Office 2016 and the issues were the same, but I have not tested version 18.0.0 with Office 365. Also, to get it to install, I had to use the Office Deployment Tool (ODT), and even with that, PowerPoint would crash, but Word and Excel ran (that was all I tested). So, not for the faint of heart, and your mileage may vary.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicXZhSDRXZFNBc0hzRmtoRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9