CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Application is too small to see

I just installed CrossOver on Chrome OS and installed Scrivener. The application opens, but the window is way too small to see on my HP Envy X2 Chromebook. Is there a setting to make the text and icons a readable (and clickable) size? I'm new to Crossover, so please dumb it down for me! The native resolution of my Chromebook is 2400x1600, though I've got it scaled to "Looks like 1333x889" at the moment.

Give this a whirl Adam,

Once you've fired up CrossOver, click once on your icon for "Scrivener." Now click on that exact same icon once again (not any of the new ones that open up). This brings you to CrossOver's configuration page for your "Scrivener" app. Now, on the right hand side of your screen, a little below the top, you'll see a drop down box and to the right of it, a small cog wheel. Click on the cog wheel and then check the box to the right of the words "Run in Desktop mode." Hopefully that will give you some more space to see things and may (no guarantees) increase the font size so you can read things better. Hope this helps...

Thanks for the help. I tried that, but unfortunately while it did fill the screen, it didn't increase the scaling of anything. So I need a magnifying glass to read anything and it's nearly impossible to click on anything because the buttons are too small...

I tried opening Wine Configuration and increasing the DPI but it didn't seem to affect anything in Scrivener.

Hmmm,

if the app is fairly old, and looking for a smaller screen resolution, you might want to try playing with the "Emulate a virtual desktop" and try some different setting there to see if it helps. Outside of that, I'm out of ideas...

I had the same problem with my Pixelbook so I increased the native resolution of the Pixelbook to HUGE (looks like 800 x 533).

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSFNtMkNXYXZTTTQzYXVxUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9