CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How can I get Crossover to recognize new fonts added to a bottle?

I found the instruction on the official website but it is overdue.

Does any body know how to fix it?

Hello. It's very simple, just install the font in the bottle. You just have to right click in the bottle of your choice, select install software on this bottle, select the option "not listed application", then select the font that that you want to install, and that's all.

Unfortunately I don't believe it's quite this simple on Chrome OS. What I had to do was copy (or download) the .TTF font file to the "Downloads" folder on my Chromebook. Then, fire up CrossOver Chrome OS and click once on your installed app's name (bottle). If you already know that you can and you know how, you can fire up a "Command Shell" and skip the next paragraph.

If you don't know how, then click once more on the same icon you clicked on just a second ago to open up your app's drawer/folder. This will bring up the CrossOver's configuration screen. You'll see a blue drop-down menu on the right. Take note of what it says (is selected) now, and then click the drop-down arrow and select "Command Shell". Now click on the words "LAUNCH COMMAND SHELL".

Now, type in this command "copy Y:yourfontfile.ttf C:\Windows\Fonts" (without the quotes) and hit "Enter". Of course replace "yourfontfile.ttf" with the name of your font file. This will copy your font to the C:\Windows\Fonts directory. Now type in the word "exit" and hit "Enter" (and wait just a second). This will take you back to the CrossOver configuration screen. Now, change the drop-down choice back to what it originally had. This will likely fire up your app. If it does, just exit your app. If it does not fire it up, then click the small, left-arrow in the very upper-left corner of your screen.

Now fire up your app like normal and your newly installed font should be available.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZnR2RndMY0xhS1l4WHBUMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9