CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

keeps freezing.

Every time I use a program for 5 to 10 minutes it will freeze...
I had opened it in desktop mode but it won’t fix it.
I know some other guy in the forums had the same issue but I think the method is outdated
https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=39;mhl=205628;msg=205628#msg205628
My chromebook is an HP 11 Chromebook G6 EE
Does anyone have suggestions to fix this?

That method is not outdated, it should still work. Give it a try and see if it helps...

No desktop mode didn’t work, It still freezes on me

I'm sorry to hear that. You may want to file a support ticket here, to see if CodeWeavers can help...

Unfortunately I had similar issues 14 months ago and logged it as issue 1227981 supplying full logs and supporting information and nothing has happened. It seems like either the project has been stopped on or is on the back burner for now. I ended up buying new hardware as I could not see when it would be a workable solution. Which is a shame I have used the Mac version of Crossover and it was a good solution and I like my Chromebook when a lightweight option is sufficient.

All the best,
Martyn

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidHJKVGFoUHFxWlltbXpFdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9