CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crosover for 32-bit systems?

Hello everybody,

my question is: Is there a way to install Crossover 20 on a 32-bit Chrome OS device?

Thanks in advance
Jan

CrossOver is only supported on ChromeOS devices that you can setup the Linux subsystem on. See this list for supported models:
https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/chromium-os/chrome-os-systems-supporting-linux

Basically, most Intel based Chromebooks released after 2019 should work. But, YMMV. Chromebooks can be a bit of a Wild West with all the various companies making them.

Thanks for your answer.
I have a Lenovo Ideapad Chromebook Duet. I can use the Linux-Container but when I want to install the Crossover .deb file I will get an error saying I need a 64 bit device. ( My tablet has a 32 bit intel processor) so my question is: Will there be a 32 bit .deb file of Crossover in the future or is there already one?
Regards, Jan Of

Please file a support request on this issue. I was unaware of any 32bit models of Chromebooks. We shouldn't need to release a separate .deb just for 32bit, just adjust the one we have, or add some apt magic to get it to install. One of our devs should be able to help.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWUFnS3Q1WExDN3JSS2h1diIsImdkcHIiOjB9