CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

cannot create 64-bit bottles

I have a Google Pixelbook and am trying to use Crossover for the first time here. Despite a couple missing graphics-related packages (appears to be dependency issues), 32-bit bottles appear to be working well enough. However, I can't create any 64-bit bottles (tried with win7, win8, and win10). It always fails with this error:

wine: could not load ntdll.so: /opt/cxoffice/lib/wine/ntdll.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

Any way to fix this? I have to use a 64-bit bottle as the software I'm trying to use is only available for 64-bit win8 and win10.

(Relevant versions: CrossOver 21.0.0, Debian 10, Chrome OS 93)

Hi there,

That's certainly strange :/ How are you creating a 64-bit bottle? Do you see this error messages when going to the "Bottle" menu and selecting "New bottle" to create a new blank bottle?

Best,
Meredith

Yes. The 'Install Windows Software...' button was just giving vague error messages, so I tried creating the bottle manually. In all cases, that is the message that shows up in the logs. (There are other errors in the logs too, but that one shows up first, and seems to be causing all the others).

Hi Caleb,

I am not exactly sure what's going on. You can try running "/opt/cxoffice/cxfix --auto" and see if you need to stall any extra dependencies. If that doesn't solve it, I recommend submitting a support ticket.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi Caleb,

I am not exactly sure what's going on. You can try running
"/opt/cxoffice/cxfix --auto" and see if you need to stall any extra
dependencies. If that doesn't solve it, I recommend submitting a
support ticket.

Best,
Meredith

Hi Meredith,

btw the command on my Chromebook is "/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxfix --auto"

I have the same issue here on my brand new ACER CB 314 Chromebook, creating an empty 64-bit bottle and installing into a 64-bit bottle doesn't work. Is there already a support ticket? Or should I open one anyway?

BR
Hans-Peter

Hello, I have the same problem on a brand new HP Chromebook x360.
What did not help:

• sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade -Y.
  • De-Installing and Re-Installing the .deb package (using dpkg).
  • Using the pre-archives bottle with dependencies (also causes errors).
    I have opened a support ticket, but neither received an answer nor even an acknowledgment of receipt.

Regards - Oliver

Hi folks,

We do have a bug report for this, but please do file tickets if you are running into this: it's always helpful to know how many people are affected, and that way we can also contact you if/when we have a fix.

Our support team is currently very busy after the holiday and with the release of CrossOver 21.1, so responses might be a little delayed but we will get to you!

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicXFkeDQ0RXVjaGRwa1prayIsImdkcHIiOjB9