CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

BattleField 2 + Battlefield Hub Client

Hello

I'm currently testing an old game released in 2005, It requires the Main Game to be installed as well as a seperate program that acts as a launcher/client for online play.

I tried installing these programs in the same bottle. the launcher has no issues and shows that the game is also installed. However when I try to launch the game I am met with an error code. From Seaching up this error code it reveals that I am missing "renddx9.dll" in my system 32 folder. which causes the game to crash on start up. I managed to find this .dll but I do not know how to add it to the bottle.

I have tried both Windows XP and Windows 7 Bottles with same errorcode. From past forum scanning I have seen people with chrome OS/linux crossover requiring .dll on various programs and was directed to an "add component" option. I am using the new chrome OS version of crossover and am unable to locate this feature.

Running PixelBook Go | i5 / 8GB / 128 GB | Beta Channel | Bullseye and GPU Flags enabled

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWVFyVnd2UUZwUWtodmtSQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9