CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Bottle/component install time popups not working

I am installing Home Designer Pro 2020 by Chief Architect. It seems to be working after doing a kitchen sink install for the Windows 10 64 bit bottle.. Without installing the kitchen sink, it installs fine, but attempting to use the software, like opening a plan file, crashes. I have no idea which components of the kitchen sink are making it work.

Here is the software's system requirements:
https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-01095/home-designer-minimum-system-requirements.html#2020

The problems I've encountered happen when installing the bottle and the kitchen sink components. I don't think they are speciffic to my application, as they occur before the installation of my app begins.

Many of the pop-up dialogs are not working correctly.

The first is this weird veritical white cursor. I think this is the codeweaver "try software" pop up. I can get by it by clicking it to focus and pressing tab and enter.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3TaAfUN6uUttDmf99

The various other pop-up windows are just this small non-resizeable window. I can get past them by doing varous tab/enter keyboard squences, but in a lot of cases I end up choosing NOT to install the windows component that is related to the pop-up.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UDps9j9eATPhmz8y7

I've also installed this app on Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS in the Windows 10 64 bottle, and all the install time pop-up dialogs worked correctly. On linux I also needed to install the kitchen sink. This install-time pop-up issue seems unique to chromeos.

I have an Acer CS515-1WT chromebook running Chromos Version 113.0.5672.85 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

I got Home Designer Pro 2020 to work fine in Bottles on Ubuntu linux. I found the fix online. I had to install all the fonts from the original windows machine.

I could not get Bottles to work at all on my chromebook, so I decided to try Crossover again. This time I had no problems with any of the pop-up dialogs during install. That must be fixed.

The same fix I used on Ubuntu bottles worked on Crossover on chromeos for this app. I just copied over the fonts from windows/Fonts to the crossover bottle. I did not clobber any existing font files while doing this. I just used a basic crossover bottle, with no dependencies added, to install Home Designer Pro 2020. Seems to be working just fine now. Yay!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWEh2UUhmZFdNUjVZUzhLcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9