CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

General Discussion
Open forum for all topics about CrossOver, Community, Open Source, whatever.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 21 has "Failed to run .../libcxsetupbase.py" error on macOS 12.3.1?

Crossover 21 has "Failed to run Python script '/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/Resources/libcxsetupbase.py" error on macOS 12.3.1 like this, is there any way to solve it?

CrossOver is unable to initialize a critical component.
Failed to run Python script '/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/Resources/libcxsetupbase.py'. See console for errors.
The program will now exit. `

when I do the follow steps:

Please do the following to collect more information:
Launch /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
In the Terminal window, type the following command and press the Return key:
/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/MacOS/CrossOver
CrossOver will launch behind Terminal. I expect it will still encounter the same error. Dismiss the error dialog. CrossOver will quit.
Additional diagnostic information should have been written to the Terminal window. Copy that info and paste it into your reply here.

it shows like this:

Last login:xxxxx on ttys000
xxxxx ~%/Applications/Crossover.app/Contents/MacoS/Cros sOver
xxxx-xx-xx 22:25:01.944 CrossOver[12249:262155] Failed to register our helper se rver.What do we do now?
libcxsetup-v3.py:warning:category Multimedia/Video Editing has no localized cat egory name

I have a different problem if I try to run that script from a terminal. I thought I'd run it from zsh, and also tee the output to a log file:

% /Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/Resources/libcxsetupbase.py| tee ~/crossover_setupbase.log
zsh: permission denied: /Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/Resources/libcxsetupbase.py

Let's try running it with python3 instead and see what it does, but it doesn't look like it's meant to be run as a standalone script:

% python3 /Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/Resources/libcxsetupbase.py| tee ~/crossover_setupbase.log
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/Resources/libcxsetupbase.py", line 6, in <module>
    from Foundation import *
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'Foundation'

Ah, that's right. Python no longer has Cocoa bindings. That was only in Python 2, and Python 2 no longer exists.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSlJWZEw2M1hzZFRWcG5UYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9