CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

General Discussion
Open forum for all topics about CrossOver, Community, Open Source, whatever.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

D2R support works as of CrossOver 22, tutorial and/or help?

Hi, I'm new here.

I don't understand how to do anything in CrossOver, I just followed a tutorial to download a bunch of miscellaneous stuff in CrossOver21 which let me play Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition on my M1 Mac.

Things don't seem to be as simple as just installing the game and starting—plus Diablo 2 Resurrected isn't using Steam, so will there be an official tutorial on how get D2R up and running? Can someone help me with how I'd do that, since it's supposedly working now?

Context from the recent announcement email:

"CrossOver 22 also offers initial support for DirectX 12 games on Linux. A handful of DirectX 12 games are running well, including Diablo II Resurrected. We also have a few fixes to Office 2016/365 bugs for our Linux and ChromeOS users."

Thanks, let me know!

Would also like to know if someone has gotten d2r working on Crossover 22. Mine's crashing on startup

Could the crossover team please comment on this?
Since there's been a public sendout saying that diablo 2 resurrected works, and no one has it working yet

Thanks

DirectX 12 support is only for Linux, not for Mac. Mac might get DirectX 12 support in Crossover 23 but it's not fully clear, yet. Therefore, Diablo 2 Resurrected currently does not run on Mac. It's started in the first sentence of your quote.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSlRVSEpidFJrNGR3Y2NiOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9