CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

General Discussion
Open forum for all topics about CrossOver, Community, Open Source, whatever.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unreal Engine 4 Fix

Just heard about a new Unreal Engine 4 patch to make a lot of games work now. Here is the github link: UE4 MoltVK Patch

Seems like lack of geometry shaders in Metal 2 is not necessarily the issue and hope it leads to wider support for games in crossover. The only game I have tried currently is Ready or Not and it has gotten rid of the black screen on login but im still working through stutter issues to see what can be improved. Andrew Tsai on Youtube(who I originally heard of this through) tested more games (Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, Stray, Octopath Traveler, GTA Definitive Edition, Observer, Everspace 2, BPM: Bullets Per Minute, Amid Evil, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Life is Strange: True Colors). He also has a good explanation of this on his youtube channel here: UE4 Patch Video

Wanted to make a thread for this and ask who has tried it and what are your thoughts?

It is really promising, I hope this means we will have official fix sooner.

Vaultboy3922 wrote:

Just heard about a new Unreal Engine 4 patch to make a lot of games work now. Here is the github link: UE4 MoltVK Patch

Seems like lack of geometry shaders in Metal 2 is not necessarily the issue and hope it leads to wider support for games in crossover. The only game I have tried currently is Ready or Not and it has gotten rid of the black screen on login but im still working through stutter issues to see what can be improved. Andrew Tsai on Youtube(who I originally heard of this through) tested more games (Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, Stray, Octopath Traveler, GTA Definitive Edition, Observer, Everspace 2, BPM: Bullets Per Minute, Amid Evil, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Life is Strange: True Colors). He also has a good explanation of this on his youtube channel here: UE4 Patch Video

Wanted to make a thread for this and ask who has tried it and what are your thoughts?

Ready or Not runs perfectly if you edit the .ini to have shaders load on launch. That should also be in Andrew Tsai’s video. I adjusted my settings accordingly, namely bumping shadows down to low.

TravisLegendZajac wrote:
Ready or Not runs perfectly if you edit the .ini to have shaders load basket random on launch. That should also be in Andrew Tsai’s video. I adjusted my settings accordingly, namely bumping shadows down to low.

Changing the settings seems to be optimal.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiODRRZFZVbVVXczl0TTNKayIsImdkcHIiOjB9