CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

General Discussion
Open forum for all topics about CrossOver, Community, Open Source, whatever.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Launching apps without installer

Hello everyone,
I tried searching to see if this was already commented before, but I haven't found any thread about this.

I have many small .exe files that I open regularly through CrossOver.

My usual flow is:

• double-clicking the .exe file on finder
  • CrossOver is launched with the "Install" window
  • I select the bottle I want to "install" it
  • The .exe is launched after "installing" it

I'm adding the double quotes because as those aren't installers but the app itself, it doesn't get installed, and it's not displayed on the Crossover Bottle interface.

The pain point is to need to install the .exe each time instead of launching it directly.

Does anybody know a better flow?

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

On Mac: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/run_only

On Linux: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/linuxtutorial/run_only

you should be able to "Run" those EXE files,

• without having to "install" as such.

you can also designate an particular bottle, as the Default Bottle Environment,
in which you can utilise as that Bottle Environment.

Hi, I tried this, but was faced with the following message:

Command results
The command "/Users/macbookpro/
stack/SqView/SqView.exe" returned 3,

And then it stops! 😕

I run Crossover 22.0.1 on macOS Monterey 12.6.1 MacBook Air Intel Core i5

It worked on Big Sur

Erik

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidFFHTVFtcEFKd2tzcDVuRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9