CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cannot install on Fedora 31 (python3 only distribution)

Hi,
Fedora 31 is first Python3-only distribution and is missing Python 2 completely. And because of Crossover I cannot upgrade from Fedora 30 to Fedora 31.

Chyba:
Problém 1: package crossover-17.1.0-1.i386 requires python < 3.0, but none of the providers can be installed

• python-unversioned-command-2.7.16-2.fc30.noarch does not belong to a distupgrade repository
  • problem with installed package crossover-17.1.0-1.i386

The generic shell installer works. You can install python2 in fedora 31. Make sure you have python2 installed via dnf after you've upgraded to Fedora 31 and then run the shell installer. Hopefully crossover fixes the issue so we can install from rpm. Either by rewriting crossover in python3 (hard) or bundling python2 with the rpm (easy, but please don't make it a systemwide python2)

Same fundamental problem: different issue.

I have the latest Crossover installed on Mageia 7. My distro has pygtk2.0, but it requires python2dist(numpy), which isn't in my distro. License authentication then fails. I have reported this to Mageia Bugzilla, but the problem really is in Crossover.

tuxtux999 wrote:

Either by rewriting crossover in python3 (hard) or bundling python2
with the rpm (easy, but please don't make it a systemwide python2)

Since python2 is going to be discontinued, they probably will have no choice but to support python3.

Hello,

Until waiting for a new version using python3, you could install crossover like this
sudo dnf -y install python2
download the last rpm from codeweavers website.
sudo rpm -Uvh --nodeps crossover-18.5.0-1.rpm
Launch crossover, the application will ask for missing packages. Just install them and crossover works well.

Regards

I responded to Anna's post in another thread. The original poster in this thread is running F30 (which includes both python2 AND python3) with crossover 17 already installed, and it's the lack of python2 support in the F31 repos that prevent the upgrade to F31 from continuing; I'm already running crossover 18.5 but have the same problem:

Error:
Problem 1: package PyQwt-devel-5.2.0-42.fc30.x86_64 requires PyQwt(x86-64) = 5.2.0-42.fc30, but none of the providers can be installed

• PyQwt-5.2.0-42.fc30.x86_64 does not belong to a distupgrade repository
  • problem with installed package PyQwt-devel-5.2.0-42.fc30.x86_64
    Problem 2: package crossover-18.5.0-1.i386 requires python < 3.0, but none of the providers can be installed
  • python-unversioned-command-2.7.16-2.fc30.noarch does not belong to a distupgrade repository
  • problem with installed package crossover-18.5.0-1.i386

I've tried the solutions listed here as well as using the .bin file as Anna suggested, but no success. These answers provide solutions to installing crossover on F31, but not to upgrading F30 -> F31 with crossover already installed. It appears upgrading to F31 has to wait until crossover is rebuilt using python3 libraries and then installed.

One suggestion would be to un-install Crossover, perform the upgrade of Fedora from 30 to 31 and then use one of the workarounds to re-install Crossover.

Hello,
I am using fedora 31 and I can not install crossover it says $ python < 3.0 is needed by crossover-18.5.0-1.i386.
Fedora 31 has installed python3 and python2, using python3 by default. How can I install crossover?

regards,

Hello,

You should be able to still install CrossOver 18.5 on Fedora 31 with the .bin installer.

Thanks,
Anna

seems to be fixed with the latest release ( 19.0.0 )

I have the same issue on Fedora 32.

Christian Birk wrote:

seems to be fixed with the latest release ( 19.0.0 )

So the only option is to buy a new version? There's no way I still have my 18.5.0 working?
Is there a solution?

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUThoQk12ZHRHTGdFWkp3MyIsImdkcHIiOjB9