CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

fc30 python3 is now default, causes install issues

Is there a way around the install issues with fc31 which defaults to python3? Python2 is still present but when running rpm -Uvh <cross over rpm> I get a "python < 3.0 ..." rpm install error.

Looks like this is already covered in another thread and I meant fc31 in the title.

Just in case anyone sees this thread and not the other one -- using the .bin installer will get around the dependency issue with Fedora 31 and CrossOver 18.5.

Thanks,
Anna

Nice, but not here. I'm on F30 (including python2 and python3) with 18.5 already installed and working. I've tried the rpm --force method (reinstall succeeded, but no change) and I just tried the .bin but it won't let me because 18.5 already exists and was previous installed using the rpm file.

Follow-up question: uninstalling crossover ... what does that do to your already-established bottles?

Short answer: it depends.

Long answer:

Uninstalling the .bin will keep your crossover bottles intact unless you also delete ~/.cxoffice (where the bottles are stored).

Uninstalling the .rpm can also be done by just deleting /opt/cxoffice in which case the bottles would also remain intact in ~/.cxoffice unless you delete that folder as well.

Uninstalling the .rpm using "dnf erase crossover" also should not erase your bottles.

***However, I would still recommend archiving your bottles first (especially any you are particularly attached to) in case something goes wrong.

Thanks,
Anna

Thank you!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTjdLbU5LTldwMzVFYVl4OSIsImdkcHIiOjB9