CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install .net 4.6.1 failed on CrossOver Version 17.5

I used the recommended bottle for 4.6.1. on Win 10-64. Link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/microsoft-net-framework-461
While installing it downloads .net 2.0/2.0 service Pack2/4.0/4.6.1. And other software all installed successfully.
When installing .NET4.6.1 it gave an warning:

Warnings:
Setup may not run properly, because the Windows Update Service is not available on this computer.
Setup may not run properly, because the Windows Modules Installer Service is not available on this computer.

Ignore it and click "continue", install failed and I got the following log:

© 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use.
OS Version = 10.0.10240, SP = 0.0, Platform 2, 
OS Description = Future OS - x64 
MSI = 4.5.6001.22308
CommandLine = C:\2fcc7a1fe3a09ab091e876ff7cdb610a\\Setup.exe /x86 /x64 /redist
Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism
Operation: Installing
Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 Setup
Package Version = 4.6.01055
User Experience Data Collection Policy: Disabled
Logging all the global blocks
Pre-Installation Warnings:
Setup may not run properly, because the Windows Update Service is not available on this computer.
Setup may not run properly, because the Windows Modules Installer Service is not available on this computer.
Number of applicable items: 6

Also I tried to download NDP461-KB3102436-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe on Microsoft's website. Installation crashed just after I click continue.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRnNONkxIOTVLQjZxdkV4eCIsImdkcHIiOjB9