CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam's support-end of Windows XP

Hello folks,

with Crossover 18.5 I want to try Steam-based games for Windows on Debian 10. But the installation of Steam on a recommended Windows XP bottle fails, as the support of Steam to Windows XP is discontinued. Are there any experiences, if Steam and the normally supported games of Crossover run on a Windows 7 bottle?
Or is there any other solution to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance

Michael

Hi Michael,

We switched the main Steam CrossTie over to win7 roughly one year ago (Steam announced that official support would end Jan 1, 2019 if I remember correctly). There is a known issue due to a recent Steam client update with the graphics in Steam itself, but this should not affect games. As far as I am aware, games play just as well in a win7 Steam bottle compared to winxp. If you notice any bugs that are specific to a win7 bottle, please let us know so that we can investigate.

Thanks,
Anna

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNVd5UFc2VEFQUG1LeEtLVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9