CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

2 out of 4 .Net 4.6.2 apps fail to launch with CrossOver 19

I have been using CrossOver for years and love it. Being able to run the Windows apps I wrote on Ubuntu is so great since I've dumped Windows.

On CrossOver 18.5, everything was pretty stable. Some minor issues, some of which would require restart of the app. Still, of the four apps I use daily, all would work under 18.5.

After just installing CrossOver 19, two of those four apps simply will not launch. One of those two is my email client, so this is a pretty big deal for me.

I'm now planning on removing 19 and reinstalling 18.5 in hopes that will get me back to where I was before the upgrade. However, I would like to see how to get 19 working properly.

I created a log file but it is 33MB and I don't see anything useful in there (at least nothing I can make use of).

What should I do?

If you don't mind letting us know which two apps are failing for you, having the names of the apps might be a place to start :) It sounds like you found at least one regression. I hope that 18.5 works for you in the meantime.

Thanks,
Anna

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY3BGZW1XaFlZYzI2SFZtTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9