CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Where do I get Microsoft Visual C++ 4.0 (4.0) Redistributable

I need to use the mfc40.dll and I cannot locate this installation. Crossover doesn't have a link to the software unfortunately when I use the installer.

Thank you.

Steven wrote:

I need to use the mfc40.dll and I cannot locate this installation.
Crossover doesn't have a link to the software unfortunately when I
use the installer.

Thank you.

I've posted links for the x86 version HERE

Hope this helps you out

Thank you Jerry for responding however, neither of these provides the mfc40.dll and I can get them direct from letting CrossOver Software installer getting the links. However, I did install them and 2008 provides the mfc90.dll and 2010 provides mfc100.dll. The software doesn't work and I get regsrv32 failed to register threed32.ocx. When I use Dependency Walker, I can clearly see that mfc40.dll is needed. I have no idea where to get th3 4.0 redistributable file. I rather not download individual dll files although I did do this in a test install and I got my software to work kind of.

I have the same problem trying to install Solar Fire 9. The installation stops because Microsoft Visual C++ 4.0 (4.0) Redistributable installation file cannot be found.

Hi,

Try to install this in your bottle https://download.microsoft.com/download/a/7/3/a735c7fb-dcbd-429f-9090-d09b3b15d3fa/evc4sp4.exe

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY3doWDd0NmNhd041Z2d0dyIsImdkcHIiOjB9