CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mac Catalina working great, but Antivirus software nerfed

Congratulations for getting Crossover to work with Catalina. Unfortunately, as soon as it starts to install, antivirus software quarantines everything. The only way I can use Crossover is if I uninstall antivirus.

I've tried this with AVG, Malwarebytes, and Avast.

One way or another, either at install, or scan, they quarantine everything and basically nerf Crossover.

I supposes this will be dealt with.

Thank you -- you guessed correctly that we are aware of this and working to deal with it from multiple angles. We wanted people running Catalina to have a CrossOver version as soon as possible, and we are still working on solutions for the anti-virus software false positives. The timeline (similar to Catalina) is that we will release something as soon as we have a solution; since the problem is coming from the anti-virus software that we have no control over, we do not know precisely when that will be. If only they were actually flagging problematic code that we could just remove :(

Thanks,
Anna

To add to this discussion, I installed a virgin copy of CrossOver 2019 on my Catalina (MacBook 2018) with Kaspersky fully active. I have had no issues whatsoever.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiclJQbkdGUUNhd1doQllBYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9