Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2009

We are getting very close and have created an open beta for all users this time around. Quicken 2009 is available in that beta. To access the beta, login to your account and then choose 'My Downloads' from the left hand side. Then, click on 'Unsupported Builds' and download a beta build.

A word of caution, this is a beta build. It is stable but it is possible that there will be some bugs and instability in various 'interesting' places. I highly recommend archiving your bottles prior to moving to this version so that you can restore them to their current state if something goes horribly wrong.

Please read more about Quicken 2009 and the coming release here, in our CEO's blog post:

http://www.codeweavers.com/about/people/blogs/jwhite/2009/4/20

I can't seem to get Quicken 2009 installed (I am using the Quicken Home and Business 2009 Canadian version). I tried this both on an existing bottle (which has Quicken 2006 installed) and a new win2000 bottle. The problems seem to be:

1. One of the first things it install is an Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803). The install would proceed until it asks me whether
    to restart the machine now. When I chose yes, it just hangs. The only way I can keep things going is by choosing
    "Terminate Windows Applications". After that I get the "stimulating Windows reboot" message and it keeps going for a while.

2. Once Quicken 2009 installation wizard starts, it wants to install the Windows High Encryption Pack. It fails right away,
    and I cannot continue from this point.

Any idea?

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeaver's Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

I am having the same problem with the windows high encryption pack. have you had any luck since this post?

I have Quicken 2009 installed and running flawlessly on v8.0 for several days, now. I hope this info is helpful.

owa

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWk1aWXh4cGhIOEx3ZDh5YyIsImdkcHIiOjB9