Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Error code definitions and resolutions ...

I'm new here and trying to figure out how to troubleshoot an unsupported application under CrossOver.

Can someone please direct me or tell me what the following error might indicate so I can start to research and solve the problem?

Error: DAGGEN_0007: hex2led.vhd : (0, 0): Error during conversion C:\my_designs\samples_81\training\vhdl_training\freq_meter_1\compile\hex2led_hex2led.dag to C:\my_designs\samples_81\training\vhdl_training\freq_meter_1\compile\hex2led_hex2led._x86.bin

It looks like I may be missing a resource dependency which would allow the conversion of windows code to OS X binary?

That error seems to be specific to the software you're using. None of the names or numbers mean anything in a general context, as far as I can tell.

I googled for "daggen_0007" and found some entries in WineHQ's AppDB for the app Aldec Active-HDL. Is that what you're trying to run? If so, the problem is documented in WineHQ's Bugzilla: http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15938

Yes, I believe that person ran into the same issue using wine. I'm trying to sync up on the issue's both on the wine side and the CrossOver side. Two people here, in the past, have tried Aldec via CrossOver. Seems like they all have hit a wall and stopped. Though I think they were using student version's. Not that it should matter but, I am using a purchased version and Aldec has been kind enough to give me a MAC license versus dongle (because the dongle wasn't recognized by CrossOver) so I would be able to verify that a MAC locked file would work, and it does! That's the good part. Now I want to figure out where to start, build a plan and complete the mission. But where? Wine or CrossOver. Seems wine?

Isn't wine used initially to develop the application conversion process and gather and define dependencies, etc. and once the application works CrossOver is used to refine the user interface?

Is that the typical progression?

CrossOver was impressively fast and seemly complete until this part. The Aldec, ActiveHDL tool suite runs perfect! The GUI comes up all the files can be open from the internal editor, the graphics and GUI are correct, all the vendor libraries are listed and appear to be intact. Seemed like it would work then the most important process, conversion through compilation, failed.

I need to get a picture of the processes and step's needed to build the application. Again, (Dar)wine or co????

James McKenzie replied to the duplicate ( http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=26012#26012 ) of this post on the wine side. He said they could help if I try to use wine instead. Seems like the logical step? Any opinion?

Thanks very much for your time and effort.

If the issue is understood and fixed, that fix will get into both Wine and CrossOver (in that order).

Someone needs to understand the problem and fix it. The error you have does not give any hint as to what's going wrong.

I think in this case you're likely to get better help from the Wine community than you will here.

I suggest watching the bug on Wine's bugzilla and responding to any questions about it, which currently does involve installing Wine and testing a recent version. And of course follow up on the forum thread.

Esme Povirk wrote:

If the issue is understood and fixed, that fix will get into both
Wine and CrossOver (in that order).

Someone needs to understand the problem and fix it. The error you
have does not give any hint as to what's going wrong.

I think in this case you're likely to get better help from the Wine
community than you will here.

I suggest watching the bug on Wine's bugzilla and responding to any
questions about it, which currently does involve installing Wine and
testing a recent version. And of course follow up on the forum
thread.

thank you!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiclNLaHBRWXFKUUZxcXhIayIsImdkcHIiOjB9